A 30/60/90k maintenance schedule is used most often by automobile manufacturers. It specifies that certain mechanical items should be inspected, changed, or replaced every 30,000, 60,000, and 90,000. It's important to do oil changes and oil filter replacements more often than any other car maintenance service to keep your vehicle healthy and avoid costly or avoidable auto repairs.
Here's Why It's Important
The idea behind 30/60/90K maintenance is those minor problems can be dealt with along the way without causing further damage. By performing periodic maintenance on the car, you can avoid costly repairs in the future. Here are a few reasons why it's crucial to keep this recommended maintenance schedule:
- If you ignore scheduled maintenance, you may not be able to get warranty coverage.
- Preventing expensive repairs could save you thousands. In contrast, the cost of replacing a timing belt can easily exceed $2,000. Simultaneously, replacing a timing belt every 90,000 miles costs a few hundred dollars.
- Maintenance improves vehicle longevity, as the vehicle will operate more efficiently and last longer after regular maintenance.
- The value of a well-maintained automobile will stay the same too, but one that needs a lot of repairs will be a lot lower than one in excellent shape.
Here's What It Involves
Depending on the manufacturer, maintenance will vary; however, an experienced mechanic will inspect your car thoroughly for signs of trouble and then repair or replace any necessary parts. Maintenance may include:
- Replace the oil and air filters.
- Ensure that all the vehicle's parts and systems are functioning well. Check the tires, wheels, brakes, lights, belts, hoses, and oil.
- Top-up or replacement of fluids (e.g., transmission, brake, coolant)
- Sparkplugs and plug wires replacement.
- Rotating tires.
- The inspection and replacement of hoses and belts as needed.
As the car ages, you can expect to replace even more parts. Initially, you will usually replace simple parts like spark plugs and filters. In a reputable auto repair shop, only work that is deemed necessary will be performed and charged.
Who should do the work?
We invite you to bring your vehicle to TC Auto Service for factory vehicle maintenance!