The holidays are upon us all, and many families plan to travel miles upon miles to see their distant loved ones! If you plan on making a long road trip this year, you should prepare for the potential traffic horrors. Driving amid holiday traffic is much simpler and less worrying if you know that your car has been serviced and won't break down. To ensure you get home for the holidays, please make sure to follow our safety tips below!
- Holiday traffic tends to peak in the handful of days before and after Christmas. If your schedule allows, we highly urge you to travel outside of those days. If you can't avoid the busy days, try hitting the road super early in the morning to beat the traffic.
- Traveling with children can put additional stress on you. To ensure the entire car is calm, relaxed, and collected, don't forget the essential items: snacks, drinks, entertainment devices, headphones, and chargers. Also, plan to take additional breaks so everyone in the family can stretch.
- Please make sure to pack an emergency kit. Besides the food and drinks, you'll need to plan for the unexpected. Please be sure to include a first aid kit, essential tools, tire pressure gauge, and jumper cables. You never know what might happen out there!
- When you are stuck in stand-still traffic, you may be tempted to reach for your phone, the media controls, and whatever you can get your hands on to pass the time. Unfortunately, this is how many accidents get started. Even if you're moving as slow as a snail, don't be tempted to distract yourself with other things.
- Lastly, we want to remind you that you should expect an increase in traffic during the holidays. Sometimes, it's inevitable and hard to avoid. The best thing you can do for yourself and others is to remain calm and enjoy the journey with your loved ones.
To eliminate your concerns surrounding holiday travels, we highly recommend that you come into our auto repair shop in Corpus Christi, TX, for a pre-trip inspection. Our technicians will ensure your car gets the necessary maintenance and repairs it needs before transporting you hundreds of miles. Please call or visit TC Auto Service today!